[11/27/2015 @ 2:00 AM] Open this itinerary on: Singapore Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, BookingBuddy.
[12/01/2015 @ 12:01 AM] Fare gone. Removing from deal list.
The prices and details in this post are accurate only up to the point of the last update to this post (see time-stamps above). If this post is several days old, then there is a good chance that prices and availability have changed. This website contains references to airfare and accommodation from companies that may compensate this site for the referral to their website when you click on their link or purchase travel.
Singapore Airlines is having a Black Friday sale.
Round-trip flights from Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) are $598, NONSTOP. It’s possible to re-position into Los Angeles from Dallas (DAL / DFW) for $82 round-trip on most TUE/WEDs in February via United or Southwest. If you combine these two separate round-trip tickets, you can get from Dallas (DAL) to Tokyo (NRT) for $680 with a connection in Los Angeles (LAX). Singapore Airlines sale ends at Midnight on Monday, November 30. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
IMPORTANT: This deal involves re-positioning into and out-of Los Angeles (LAX) by using Southwest, United or American Airlines to get you there. Understand that you’ll be using two round-trip tickets on two different carriers. This means that you should give yourself ample layover time to make your connection; I suggest more than 3-hours if you’re not familiar with the airports involved. If you buy travel insurance, make sure that the policy has a “Missed Connections” benefit that covers missed flights due to delays over 3-hours.
Be sure to book the LAX-NRT segments of this trip directly through this Singapore Airlines link to bring up their Black Friday deal.
As for Travel Insurance, consider the plans at AXA.
So just to recap…
- Fly from Dallas (DAL / DFW) to Los Angeles (LAX) for about $82 round-trip on either Southwest, American, or United. They have midweek flights in February at a discount right now.
- Use the Black Friday deal on Singapore Airlines website to get from Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) for $598.
- $598 + $82 = $680.
- Remember to give yourself enough time to make your connection.
- Consider buying insurance that covers a missed connection due to a delay of your earlier flight.
- Have a fun trip! 🙂
To save the most money on your hotel, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Availability: You’ll need to re-position yourself in Los Angeles, and then the round-trip from Los Angeles to Tokyo. Involves two round-trip tickets stacked end-to-end. Most availability is in February.
- Documentation: Passport Required.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW-NRT
- Example Dates: (Singapore Airlines) Feb 09 – Feb 23 (Southwest+Singapore Air) / Feb 17 – Feb 24 / Other dates: Use the search tools on Orbitz, Singapore Airlines, and Southwest.
- Carrier: Singapore Airlines + Southwest or United or American
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class: K
- Mile Accrual: 10% on SQ.
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 5.08 (13394 miles)
- Full Route: DAL-LAX-NRT-LAX-DAL
- Previous Deal Price: $665 – $770 on 04/09/15 DL – $719 on 07/03/15.
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $1030
- Open this itinerary on: Singapore Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)