United is offering round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to Tokyo (NRT / HND) for $699, with a connection. 10 day minimum stay required. Flights February to May. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
I saw that another blog posted this earlier in the day when it was $799. You should cancel your ticket and purchase this deal at the lower price if you paid that much for it.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
If you want to see other deals that are still bookable you should check out the “Bookable Deals” page on our site. It filters out deals that have expired, or have low availability.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a flight + hotel package will probably save you more money than booking each separately. Package deals on Travelocity and Priceline tend to be better than what are offered directly by the airline, so be sure to compare them before booking.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
Most airlines also offer 24-hour free cancellation with varying policies. For example American Airlines allows you to “Hold” a ticket before payment for 24-hours but once you pay for it you can’t cancel without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to pull up this deal on Priceline and Orbitz, and it should be available on all the major booking sites. Here’s a screen-shot taken at 1:39 PM on 01/22/15. Prices and availability can and will change eventually.
- Availability: See Calendar.
- Documentation: Passport Required.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW-NRT
- Example Dates: Dallas (Priceline / Orbitz) Apr 06 – Apr 18 / Apr 04 – Apr 14 / Feb 29 – Mar 10 / Other dates: Try the +/- 3-day search tool on Orbitz.
- Carrier: United
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class: S
- Mile Accrual: United is revenue based.
- Stopover component: two, but with dates this limited, it may not matter.
- CPM: 4.89 (14286 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-IAH-NRT-IAH-DFW
- Previous Deal Price: $665 – $770 on 04/09/15 DL – $719 on 07/03/15.
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $1030
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)