[08/20/2015 @ 1:43 PM] Open this itinerary on: Travelocity, Expedia, CheapTickets, Orbitz,
Priceline, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
[08/26/2015 @ 9:58 AM] Old post. Cleanup. Fare gone. Removing from deal list.
The prices and details in this post are accurate only up to the point of the last update to this post (see time-stamps above). If this post is several days old, then there is a good chance that prices and availability have changed.
Delta is offering round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to Taipei, Taiwan (TPE) for $606 with two connections. Flights September to May 2016. Holiday blackout dates apply. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
Note: I was only able to pull up this deal on Travelocity, Expedia, and Orbitz. In order to get this to price on Orbitz, you must select “Narrow my search to my preferred airlines”. See picture below.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a flight + hotel package will probably save you more money than booking each separately. Package deals on Travelocity and Priceline tend to be better than what are offered directly by the airline, so be sure to compare them before booking.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation before 10 PM CST the day after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy allows you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. After the grace period, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United, Delta, JetBlue and Virgin America offer free cancellation within the next 24-hours while American allows you to “Hold” a ticket for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
The DOT doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs will allow it while some will not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to pull this fare up on Travelocity, and it should also be available on Orbitz, CheapTickets and Expedia. Screenshot taken at 2:00 PM 8/20/15.
- Availability: See Calendar.
- Documentation: Passport Required.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW-TPE
- Example Dates: (Travelocity / Expedia) Sep 23 – Sep 30 / Oct 07 – Oct 14 / Other dates: Try the +/- 3-day search tool on Orbitz.
- Carrier: Delta
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class: X
- Mile Accrual: Delta is revenue based. Use an Alaska Air account for better mileage accrual.
- Stopover component:
- CPM: 3.61 (16781 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-DTW-NRT-TPE-NRT-LAX-DFW
- Previous Low Price: $519 on United 04/03/15.
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $783
- Open this itinerary on: Travelocity, Expedia, CheapTickets, Orbitz,
Priceline, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)