[08/12/2015 @ 1:43 PM] Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, CheapTickets, BookingBuddy, Southwest Airlines.
[08/18/2015 @ 3:37 PM] Most of the cheaper fares are gone. I’m only seeing them at the end of August and the start of September now.
[08/27/2015 @ 4:29 PM] Removed from deal list until more nonstop availability at this price return. It’s mostly gone.
Flight prices and availability can and will change. Airlines are fickle. This deal was valid at the time of the last update (see time-stamp above).
American and Southwest Airlines are offering round-trip flights from Dallas (DAL / DFW) to San Diego (SAN) for $118, NONSTOP. Cheapest flights are TUE/WED/SAT from August to November. Holiday Blackouts apply. Fare is reversible. See the Flight Details section of this post for example dates.
United is also matching, but their flights are NOT nonstop; they require a connection.
To save the most money, be sure to make use of the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Package options on Travelocity and Priceline are usually better than what the airlines offer on their website, so be sure to check other sites to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation before 10 PM CST the day after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy allows you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. After the grace period, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United, Delta, JetBlue and Virgin America offer free cancellation within the next 24-hours while American allows you to “Hold” a ticket for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
Southwest never charges a change fee. If you cancel within 24-hours, your credit card charge will be reversed. If you cancel before your flight you will get a voucher worth the same amount you paid. The voucher isn’t transferable and expires after a year, but it’s better than paying a change fee.
Note that the DOT doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs allow it while some do not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to pull this fare up on Priceline, and it should be available on most booking sites. This screenshot was taken at 2:03 PM on 8/12/15. Prices and availability will change eventually.
- Availability: See Calendar.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DAL / DFW – SAN
- Example Dates: American Airlines (Priceline / Travelocity) : Aug 26 – Sep 03 / Sep 12 – Sep 15 / Sep 16 – Sep 23 / Sep 22, 23 – Sep 29, 30 / Other dates: Try the +/- 3-day search tool on Orbitz.
- Example Dates: Southwest Airlines (Southwest) : Oct 24 – Oct 27 / Other dates: Use the flexible date tool on Southwest’s site.
- Carrier: American / Southwest
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class:
- Mile Accrual: 100% on AA / Southwest is revenue based.
- Stopover component: None.
- CPM: 5.04 (2342 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-SAN
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $162
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, CheapTickets, BookingBuddy, Southwest Airlines.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)