The prices and details in this post are accurate only up to the point of the last update to this post (see time-stamps above). If this post is several days old, then there is a good chance that prices and availability have changed. This website contains references to airfare and accommodation from companies that may compensate this site for the referral to their website when you click on their link or purchase travel.
United has round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to Sydney (SYD) and Melbourne (MEL) starting at $1081 with a connection. This destination usually prices from $1420 to $1900. Flights MON to THU from February to June. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates and more details.
Note: Melbourne is available for $1081 round-trip while Sydney is available for $1094 round-trip.
It is possible to get to Sydney for about $899 if you add in a stopover in Bali. Though you’ll also be adding extra stops as well in both directions with connections on JetStar, a budget carrier.
If you want to see other deals that are still bookable you should check out the “Bookable Deals” page on our site. It filters out deals that have expired, or have low availability.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a flight + hotel package on United Vacations will probably save you more money than booking each separately. Package deals on Travelocity and Priceline tend to be better than what are offered directly by the airline, so be sure to compare them before booking.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation before 10 PM CST the day after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy allows you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. After the grace period, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United, Delta, JetBlue and Virgin America offer free cancellation within the next 24-hours while American allows you to “Hold” a ticket for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
The DOT doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs will allow it while some will not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Availability: See calendar for a rough guide of available dates then use the +/- 3-day search tool to pinpoint exact dates on Orbitz. Most months have cheap flights on Monday through Thursday.
- Documentation: Passport Required.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW – SYD or MEL
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Orbitz) Mar 10 – Mar 17 / Apr 06 – Apr 13 / May 18 – May 25 / Jun 01 – Jun 08 / Other dates: Use the +/- 3-day search tool on Orbitz.
- Carrier: United
- Fare Basis Code: LLXG7AM7
- Fare Class: L
- Mile Accrual: United is Revenue based.
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 6.16 (17762 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-SFO-SYD-SFO-DFW
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $1455
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)