[07/07/2015 @ 7:47 PM] Open this itinerary here: Priceline, Travelocity, CheapTickets, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
[07/13/2015 @ 2:17 PM] Price increased to $157 from $125.
[10/02/2015 @ 2:11 PM] Very limited and scattered availability. Will not be updating this post until a new batch of discount fares are published with more seats.
[11/11/2015 @ 11:23 AM] Updated post. More availability was added.
[12/29/2015 @ 2:15 PM] AA added a lot of $81 fares today. Updated post with example dates and details.
The prices and details in this post were accurate at the time of the last update to this post (see time-stamps above). If this post is several days old, then there is a good chance that prices and availability have changed. This website contains references to airfare and accommodation from companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link or purchase travel from their website.
American Airlines has round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to Cleveland (CLE) for $81, NONSTOP. Flights January to March. Holiday Blackouts apply. Fare is reversible. It is possible to book this fare as two separate one-ways. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
If you want to see other deals that are still bookable you should check out the “Bookable Deals” page on our site. It filters out deals that have expired, or have low availability.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a flight + hotel package will probably save you more money than booking each separately. Package deals on OTAs like Travelocity and Priceline tend to be better than what is offered directly by the airline, so be sure to compare them before booking.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
Most airlines also offer 24-hour free cancellation with varying policies. For example American Airlines allows you to “Hold” a ticket before payment for 24-hours but once you pay for it you can’t cancel without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to pull up this deal on Priceline and Orbitz, and it should be available on all the major booking sites. Here’s a screen-shot taken at 2:35 PM on 12/29/15. Prices and availability can and will change, given enough time.
- Availability: See Calendar.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW – CLE
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Orbitz) Feb 06 – Feb 09 / Jan 27 – Feb 03 / Feb 10 – Feb 17 / Feb 17 – Feb 24 / Feb 24 – Mar 02 / Other dates: Try the +/- 3-day search tool on Orbitz.
- Carrier: American Airlines
- Fare Basis Code: OA14UOL3
- Fare Class: O
- Mile Accrual: 100%
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 3.97 (2042 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-CLE-DFW
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $129
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Travelocity, CheapTickets, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)