[07/07/2015 @ 9:22 PM] Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, BookingBuddy.
[07/10/2015 @ 1:28 PM] United is still offering this. American has the fare, NONSTOP.
[07/16/2015 @ 1:28 PM] AA nonstop price dropped from $581 to $553.
[08/06/2015 @ 12:39 PM] Expect this price to fluctuate between $553 and $653. I won’t be updating this destination regularly since it’s almost always priced in that range now.
[08/27/2015 @ 4:32 PM] This is gone for now.
Those of you who follow this blog regularly has seen this destination price as low as $489, NONSTOP as recently as May 29th. I won’t be sending an e-mail alert out because if you wanted to be in Sao Paulo, but didn’t pick it up for $489, then I’m pretty sure this deal won’t appeal to you. In my opinion, the chance of this going less than $489 are very very low. I’m keeping this updated for the new users of this site, who didn’t know about the deal.
American is offering round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to Sao Paulo, Brazil (GRU) for $553, NONSTOP. Flights in August and September. See the Flight Details section below for example dates.
United is matching, but their route has a connection and inferior mileage accrual.
To save the most money, be sure to make use of the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz allow free cancellation before 10 PM CST the day after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy allows you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. After the grace period, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United, Delta, JetBlue and Virgin America offer free cancellation within the next 24-hours while American allows you to “Hold” a ticket for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
The DOT doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs will allow it while some will not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
When you begin your search for a Hotel or Vacation Rental in Sao Paulo please use our TripAdvisor: Sao Paulo link to find a good place to stay.
- Availability: See calendar. 5-day minimum stay. Ticket by July 13.
- Documentation: Passport Required. Visa Required. More details at State Department.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW – GRU
- Example Dates: (Priceline) Aug 19 – Aug 26 / Sep 02 – Sep 09
- Fare Basis Code: NLN0F9LT
- Fare Class: N
- Mile Accrual: United is revenue based. American Airlines is 100%.
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 5.68 (10222 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-GRU-DFW
- Lowest Price Average: $700, but I’ve seen it as low as $489 recently.
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, BookingBuddy.
- (This was left blank by administrator.)
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)