[07/16/2015 @ 11:52 AM] Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, CheapTickets, Expedia, BookingBuddy.
[08/06/2015 @ 12:39 PM] Expect this price to fluctuate between $553 and $653. I won’t be updating this destination regularly since it’s almost always priced in that range now.
[08/12/2015 @ 1:20 PM] Price has increased to $700+. While historically, this is a good price, it’s been much lower recently and therefore will be removed from the deal list.
Brazil has had several sales this year with prices as low as $489 NONSTOP. Therefore, I won’t be sending out an e-mail notification for this deal. If you wanted to be in Rio and didn’t pick it up at $483, then I’m pretty sure that this deal will not appeal to you. I believe the chance of it dipping back into the $400’s are very very low. This is a good price if you’re new to this blog and didn’t know about the previous sale however.
Delta or American is usually offering round-trip flights from Dallas (DAL / DFW) to Rio (GIG) for $553-$653, with a connection. Flights from August to November. See Flight Details section of this post for example dates.
I was able to pull up this fare on Priceline, and it should be available on most OTAs.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz allow free cancellation before 10 PM CST the day after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy allows you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. After the grace period, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United, Delta, JetBlue and Virgin America offer free cancellation within the next 24-hours while American allows you to “Hold” a ticket for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
Note that the DOT doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs allow it while some do not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
When you begin your search for a Hotel or Vacation Rental in Brazil please use our TripAdvisor: Brazil link to find a good place to stay. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately.
- Availability: See calendar. 7-day advance purchase required.
- Documentation: Passport and Visa Required [Visa details].
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW – RIO (GIG)
- Example Dates: (Priceline) Aug 19 – Aug 26 / Sep 17 – Sep 24
- Carrier: Delta
- Fare Basis Code: VNN07DSQ
- Fare Class: V
- Mile Accrual: Delta is revenue based. Use an Alaska Air account for better (50%) mileage accrual.
- Stopover component: nothing that I could really see as valuable.
- CPM: 5.53 (10914 miles)
- Full Route: DAL-ATL-GIG-ATL-DAL
- Previous Low Price: $668 on 4/17/15. $645 on 05/02/15. $489 05/28/15.
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $790
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, CheapTickets, Expedia, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Bookingbuddy, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Southwest Vacations, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Escape ATX] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).