[07/02/2015 @ 4:59 PM] Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, CheapTickets, BookingBuddy.
[07/04/2015 @ 10:58 AM] Price for LAX is still $136 on Virgin America.
[07/04/2015 @ 11:00 AM] Price for SAN is $167 on United. American has ended their sale.
[07/07/2015 @ 12:31 AM] AA has put their discount fares back up.
[07/13/2015 @ 2:12 AM] Most LAX AA availability is gone, except WED flights.
[07/18/2015 @ 10:55 AM] Cheapest fares are gone. Removing from deal list for now.
American Airlines has put a lot of domestic flights on sale recently. United and Virgin are matching.
Flights from Dallas (DFW / DAL) to Los Angles (LAX) or San Diego (SAN) are $137-$167, round-trip. Mostly TUE/WED/SAT Flights from August to December. Fare is reversible. Holiday blackouts apply. See the Flights Details section of this post for example dates.
Note: San Diego flights start at $167 and have a connection on United.
Note: Los Angeles flights are out of Love (DAL) on Virgin.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United, Delta, JetBlue and Virgin America offer 24-hour free cancellation while American allows you to “Hold” a ticket for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
When you are ready to book, please use the links on our page to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
When you begin your search for a Hotel or Vacation Rental please use our TripAdvisor link to find a good place to stay.
- Availability: See Calendar. Mostly TUE/WED/SAT flights from September to December. Expires tomorrow July 03
- Documentation: Domestic Flight.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW-LAX
- Example Dates: LOS ANGELES (Priceline) Aug 25 – Sep 01 / Sep 26 – Sep 29 / Oct 03 – Oct 06 / Oct 07 – Oct 14
- Example Dates: SAN DIEGO (Priceline) Sep 12 – Sep 16 / Sep 26 – Sep 29 / Oct 03 – Oct 06 / Oct 07 – Oct 14
- Carrier: United / Virgin America
- Fare Basis Code
- Fare Class:
- Mile Accrual: Revenue based accrual.
- Stopover component: None.
- CPM: 5.55 (2470 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-LAX
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, CheapTickets, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Agoda
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)