[12/12/2015 @ 11:56 AM] Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Hotwire, BookingBuddy, Southwest.
[12/13/2015 @ 12:30 PM] Most American Airlines availability is gone. Still available on Southwest. United has added some availability in February and March.
[01/21/2016 @ 11:26 PM] Removing from deal list until more discount fares are available. FQ:4.
The prices and details in this post were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability of this deal can and will change, given enough time. This website contains references to airfare and accommodation from companies that compensate this site when you click on their link or purchase travel from their sites.
Southwest and American Airlines have round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW / DAL) to Los Angeles (LAX) for $81, NONSTOP. $41 each-way. Southwest Flights are TUE/WED/THU in January to the start-of-March. American Flights are TUE/WED/SAT in January and very limited. Fare is reversible. LAX-DFW has more availability than DFW-LAX. Holiday blackouts apply. See the Flight Details section in this post for example booking dates.
Note: Southwest seems to have more availability, but their flights are midweek. American has some Saturday departures left, but only a few seats.
To save the most money, be sure to make use of the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Priceline and Orbitz tend to have cheaper package deals than what the airlines usually offer on their sites, so be sure to compare the package costs on several different booking sites to make sure you’re getting the least expensive one.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation before 10 PM CST the day after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy allows you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. After the grace period, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United, Delta, JetBlue and Virgin America offer free cancellation within the next 24-hours while American allows you to “Hold” a ticket for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
Note that the DOT doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs allow it while some do not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to pull this up on Priceline . It is also available on Southwest and most of the major booking sites. Screenshot taken at 2:18 PM on 12/12/15.
- Availability: See Calendar. 21-day advance purchase required.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW-LAX
- Example Dates: AMERICAN AIRLINES (Priceline / Orbitz) Jan 23 – Jan 27 / Jan 30 – Feb 06 / Jan 30 – Feb 02 / Other dates: Try the +/- 3-day search tool on Orbitz.
- Example Dates: SOUTHWEST AIRLINES (Southwest) Jan 28 – Feb 02 / Other dates: Use the “Flexible Dates” calendar on Southwest.
- Carrier: American / Southwest
- Fare Basis Code: OA21UNL3
- Fare Class: O
- Mile Accrual: 100%
- Stopover component: None.
- CPM: 4.49 (2470 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-LAX-DFW
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, CheapTickets, BookingBuddy, Southwest.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)