The prices and details in this post are accurate only up to the point of the last update to this post (see time-stamps above). If this post is several days old, then there is a good chance that prices and availability have changed. This website contains references to airfare and accommodation from companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link or purchase travel from them.
United and Star Alliance partners have round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $658 with a connection. Flights January to March. Availability seems pretty wide open. See the Flight Details section of this post for example dates.
If you missed the Nonstop deal on Delta / SkyTeam a few days ago, this will get you there for a bit cheaper, but with a stop in Houston (IAH) or Toronto (YYZ).
NOTE: This fare seems to allow one free stopover in New York. So, if you want to spend a week in New York, then a week in Amsterdam, this fare will allow you to do that stop for free. Here’s an example screenshot of setting up a multi-city itinerary.
This other deal may also interest you:
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Vacation Packages on Priceline and Orbitz are usually better than what the airline offers on their site, so be sure to compare package options before finalizing your purchase.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
Most airlines also offer 24-hour free cancellation with varying policies. For example American Airlines allows you to “Hold” a ticket before payment for 24-hours but once you pay for it you can’t cancel without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our page to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to pull this fare up on Priceline , and it should be available on all of the major booking sites. Screenshot taken at 2:58 PM on 12/04/15.
- Availability: See Calendar. By Ticket before Dec 10.
- Documentation: Passport Required.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW-AMS
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Orbitz) Jan 13 – Jan 20 / Feb 10 – Feb 17 / Mar 16 – Mar 23 / Other dates: Try the +/- 3-day search tool on CheapTickets or Orbitz.
- Carrier: United
- Fare Basis Code: KLNC2NS
- Fare Class: K
- Mile Accrual: United is revenue based.
- Stopover component: 1 FREE STOPOVER PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT IN NYC.
- CPM: 6.03 (11024 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-IAH-AMS-IAH-DFW
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $901
- Open this itinerary on: Orbitz, CheapTickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, BookingBuddy, Hotwire.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)