[07/21/2015 @ 3:39 PM] Open this itinerary on: Orbitz, CheapTickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, BookingBuddy.
[07/22/2015 @ 10:16 AM] This fare no longer shows up on any OTA. Fare was probably removed by Delta. I’ve marked this as expired.
Delta is offering round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to Cancun (CUN) for $228, with a connection. Cheapest flights MON-WED August to November. See the Flight Details section of this post for example dates.
This destination is also on sale [Cheap Flights: Dallas to Belize $221-$299 r/t – American / Southwest / United].
I was able to pull this fare up on Orbitz and Priceline, and it should be available on all of the major booking sites. To find flights, you may want to use the +/- 3-day search tool on Orbitz. (Example booking screenshot below)
To save the most money, be sure to make use of the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz allow free cancellation before 10 PM CST the day after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy allows you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. After the grace period, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United, Delta, JetBlue and Virgin America offer free cancellation within the next 24-hours while American allows you to “Hold” a ticket for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
Note that the DOT doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs allow it while some do not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Availability: See Calendar. T
- Documentation: Passport Required.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW-CUN
- Example Dates: (Orbitz) Aug 28 – Sep 01 / Aug 21 – Aug 26/ Sep 12 – Sep 15 / Sep 15 – Sep 22, 23 / Sep 22-24 – Sep 29, 30 / Sep 30 – Oct 06-08 / Oct 27 – Nov 02-04 / Nov 13 – Nov 18
- Carrier: Delta
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class:
- Mile Accrual: Delta is revenue based. Use an Alaska Air account for better mileage accrual.
- Stopover component:
- CPM: 6.99 (3224 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-ATL-CUN-ATL-DFW
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $343
- Open this itinerary on: Orbitz, CheapTickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)