[07/07/2015 @ 7:13 PM] Open this itinerary here: Priceline, CheapTickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
[07/08/2015 @ 2:19 PM]
This fare may be expiring soon. I’m no longer able to pull it up on most OTAs.
[07/09/2015 @ 11:33 AM] Fare is still around.
[07/14/2015 @ 2:58 PM] Price has dropped from $177 to $157.
[07/19/2015 @ 12:14 PM] Price has dropped to $137 from $157.
[07/20/2015 @ 10:00 AM] AA and United are matching for $127.
[07/30/2015 @ 12:25 AM] AA drops price to $80.
[08/05/2015 @ 12:34 PM] Removing from deal list until a fresh sale begins with a lot of availability on many days. There are a few days left where there is a sale, but not enough for this to be a deal for most of you.
[08/29/2015 @ 6:57 PM] Deal is back.
[10/02/2015 @ 1:55 PM] A few dates left, end of October, start of November. United and JetBlue have removed their fares. AA is still available. Updated post details.
This is an old deal, expect prices and availability to fluctuate. Some carriers will just remove all availability only to add it back a day later. This will be marked bookable as long as one of the carriers is offering the discount fare.
American, United and JetBlue have round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to Boston (BOS) for $80-$127, NONSTOP. Cheapest flights TUE/WED October to November. Fare is reversible. No Turkey Day. See the Flight Details section of this post for example dates.
Carrier will depend on the dates selected.
JetBlue has the most discount flights on the most days. Most availability is midweek.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
To save the most money, be sure to make use of the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Packages on most OTAs such as Priceline and Orbitz tend to be cheaper than what the airlines usually offer, so be sure to compare the costs on several sites before committing.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation before 10 PM CST the day after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy allows you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. After the grace period, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United, Delta, JetBlue and Virgin America offer free cancellation within the next 24-hours while American allows you to “Hold” a ticket for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
Note that the DOT doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs allow it while some do not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to pull this fare up on Priceline, and it should be available on most of the major booking sites. Screenshot taken 7:16 PM on 8/29/15.
- Availability: See calendar. Best departures marked green. Cheapest flights on MON-WED+SAT.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW – BOS
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Travelocity) Nov 04 – Nov 11 / Other dates: Use the +/- 3-day search tool on Orbitz.
- Carrier: JetBlue or AA or UA
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class:
- Mile Accrual: JetBlue is Revenue based (Points). AA is 100%
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 5.90 (3124 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-BOS-DFW
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $195
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Expedia, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)