[11/16/2015 @ 5:31 PM] Open this itinerary here: Priceline, Orbitz, BookingBuddy, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia.
[11/16/2015 @ 7:46 PM] HOUSTON Deal looks like it’s been pulled or has sold out. It’s no longer bookable on any OTA. DALLAS still seems available via a United match. Updating post to reflect that United is now the carrier. American Airlines has pulled their fares.
[11/17/2015 @ 10:31 AM] Fare gone. Removing from deal list. Congrats to those who were able to pick it up.
The prices and details in this post were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability of this deal can and will change, given enough time.
United has round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to Kailua-Kona, Hawaii (KOA) for $490 with a connection. Flights from December to May. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
There are currently a few flights near New Years Eve. Those are probably going to be gone really quickly.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Vacation Packages on Travelocity and Priceline are usually better than what is offered directly by the airline, so be sure to compare them all to get the best price.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Travelocity allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United and Delta also allow free cancellations within 24-hours while American only allows you to “Hold” a ticket (without paying) for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
The Department of Transportation doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs will allow it while some will not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Availability: See Calendar of dates.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW – KOA
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Orbitz) DALLAS – Dec 30 – Jan 11 / Dec 08 – Dec 15, 22 / Jan 19 – Feb 02 / Feb 17 – Feb 24 / Other dates: Try using the +/- 3-day search tool on Orbitz.
- Carrier: United
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class:
- Mile Accrual: United is revenue based. Consider crediting the miles to a partner with a better loyalty program and better accrual.
- Stopover component: nothing worth mentioning.
- CPM: 6.33 (7752 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-LAX-KOA-LAX-IAH
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $612
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, BookingBuddy, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)