[03/12/2020 @ 05:21 PM CT] Book this fare on: Spirit, Priceline, BookingBuddy, Travelocity, SkyScanner, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, CheapTickets.
Deals are usually valid 24 to 72 hours after posting, but can expire at any time (see time-stamp).
Spirit has round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to San Juan (SJU) for $95-$110 with a connection. Flights March to April. Very few weekends available. Origin/Destination reversible.
You can also save an additional 16% off your Hotel or up to $150 for Flight+Hotel packages on CheapTickets by using the “SPRINGBREAK” or “ADVENTURE150” coupon codes at checkout (before finalizing your booking).
Note: Spirit fares do not include a free carry-on bag. Only a small personal item, like a Jansport City Scout backpack is free. You can avoid paying for seat selection if you accept the randomly assigned seat prior to boarding.
Note: Spirit seats only have 28-inches of pitch; 2-to-3 inches less space than most other airlines.
I’m currently using the Jansport Right Pack as my “personal item” when I fly Spirit. Which is slightly more than expensive than the Jansport City Scout because its fabric is Cordura instead of Polyester. Both have the same dimensions which are: 18″ x 13″ x 8.5″. There is half-an-inch of extra depth than what is officially allowed by Spirit, but it has never been a problem for me. The bag has a large main compartment, which makes it ideal for stuffing as much as you can into the limited amount of space.
Want a notification sent straight to your phone when any new deals are found? Join our Telegram channel and never miss another deal.
We don’t charge a subscription fee. All of our deal notifications are available for FREE via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, our Webpage, and our E-mail list. If you are paying someone a subscription fee for our content, you are being ripped off.
- All Example Dates: (BookingBuddy / Spirit) Mar 21 – Mar 24 / Mar 21 – Mar 28 / Mar 22 – Mar 24 / Mar 23 – Mar 28 / Mar 24 – Mar 28 / Mar 24 – Mar 31 / Mar 25 – Mar 28 / Mar 26 – Mar 28 / Mar 26 – Mar 30 / Mar 26 – Mar 31 / Mar 26 – Apr 02 / Mar 27 – Mar 30 / Mar 27 – Mar 31 / Mar 27 – Apr 01 / Mar 27 – Apr 03 / Mar 28 – Mar 30 / Mar 28 – Mar 31 / Mar 28 – Apr 01 / Mar 28 – Apr 02 / Mar 28 – Apr 04 / Mar 29 – Mar 31 / Mar 29 – Apr 01 / Mar 29 – Apr 02 / Mar 29 – Apr 03 / Mar 30 – Apr 01 / Mar 30 – Apr 02 / Mar 30 – Apr 03 / Mar 30 – Apr 04 / Mar 31 – Apr 02 / Mar 31 – Apr 03 / Mar 31 – Apr 04 / Apr 01 – Apr 03 / Apr 01 – Apr 04 / Apr 02 – Apr 04 / Apr 03 – Apr 10 / Apr 05 – Apr 09 / Apr 05 – Apr 10 / Apr 05 – Apr 12 / Apr 06 – Apr 09 / Apr 06 – Apr 10 / Apr 06 – Apr 11 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
- Weekend Dates: (BookingBuddy / Priceline) Mar 27 – Mar 30 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
- Extended Weekend Dates: (BookingBuddy / Spirit) Mar 19 – Mar 24 / Mar 20 – Mar 24 / Mar 21 – Mar 24 / Mar 26 – Mar 30 / Mar 26 – Mar 31 / Mar 27 – Mar 31 / Mar 27 – Apr 01 / Mar 28 – Mar 30 / Mar 28 – Mar 31 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our page to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Tips: Rent a car for cheaper by using Priceline’s “Express Deals”. The rental car company will be hidden until after you purchase, but this allows those companies to undercut the published rate indirectly. You can remove low quality companies from those hidden results. The trick is to use the quality filter on their website to remove any rental car company with a review rating under 7.0 and then pick the deals that survive the filter.
- Tips: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card allows for 1-to-1 point transfers to several airline loyalty programs. Booking with points is a good alternative to paying with cash when the price of airfare is high. Here is the current list of Chase Sapphire transfer partners: United, Southwest, jetBlue, British Airways, Iberia, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Air France, KLM, Virgin Atlantic, Aer Lingus, and Air Canada.
- Tips: Vacation rentals on Vrbo are usually cheaper per night for longer stays than shorter stays. This is due to three main factors; The first is that most properties have a cleaning fee that is a fixed rate, the second is that many hosts provide discounts for stays longer than 6-days, the third is that the Vrbo service fee percentage is higher on short stays.
- Tips: You can (and should) sort the Vrbo vacation rental search results by “Total” price. Doing so exposes properties with high fees. For example, a $140 per-night property with $100 fees will rank as being more expensive than a $150 per-night property with $30 fees, when sorted. Sorting by “most reviews” is also a good option, as this will show you the most popular properties.
- Tips: Use Tripadvisor to create a Hotel “short list”. First, plug in your dates and destination. Then select “Sort by Traveler Ranked”. Finally, select the “Traveler Ranking” filter to show “only 4* and up”. Use this resulting “short list” of hotels to find the cheapest one with a high ranking.
- Tips: Hotel rates for Weekend dates are usually higher than the rates for Sunday through Thursday. Tripadvisor has a color-coded date calendar, red when the average hotel price for that day is more expensive, green for less expensive. You can use this to get an overview of what dates in the month are at a discount.
- Tips: Different booking websites will often have differing routes, prices, and availability. Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on BookingBuddy, Skyscanner, and Kayak to see if any other site or airline is offering a better deal.
- Join our instant notification Telegram Channels: (Dallas / Houston / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago & Milwaukee / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Follow us on Instagram (Dallas / Houston / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Say Hello on Twitter (Dallas / Houston / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Like us on Facebook (Dallas / Houston / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
I was able to pull this up on Priceline and Spirit. Screenshot taken when this post was initially created. See timestamps at the top of this post.
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 24-hours you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $207
- Book this fare on: Priceline, BookingBuddy, Travelocity, SkyScanner, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, CheapTickets.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Be First to Comment