[01/19/2019 @ 1:07 PM] Book this fare on: Priceline, BookingBuddy, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.
[01/31/2019 @ 6:16 PM] Qantas offering nonstop flights.
[02/01/2019 @ 6:16 PM]
Fare gone. Removing from deal list.
[02/02/2019 @ 7:08 PM] Deal is back on.
[02/05/2019 @ 9:10 AM] United drops price to $458 with stops.
Qantas and United have round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW/DAL) to Sydney or Melbourne (SYD/MEL) for $458-$553. Flights from February to November. Australian ETA (a Visa) required. Blackout July.
Note: Flights to Sydney are Nonstop or with a connection.
Note: Keep in mind the time/date/season change when traveling.
- Nonstop Sydney – Example Dates: (Priceline / BookingBuddy) Feb 24 – Mar 03 / Mar 03 – Mar 10 / May 04 – May 11 / May 08 – May 16 / May 16 – May 23 / Jun 06 – Jun 13 / Blackout: July / Aug 08 – Aug 15 / Aug 14 – Aug 21 / Aug 21 – Aug 28 / Aug 28 – Sep 04 / Sep 05 – Sep 12 / Sep 13 – Sep 20 / Sep 20 – Sep 27 / Sep 27 – Oct 04 / Oct 24 – Oct 31 / Oct 31 – Nov 07 / Nov 03 – Nov 10 / Nov 11 – Nov 18 / Nov 17 – Nov 24 / Nov 28 – Dec 05 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
- 1-stop Sydney – Example Dates: (Priceline / BookingBuddy) Feb 17 – Feb 23 / Feb 25 Mar 03 / May 06 – May 14 / May 13 – May 21 / May 19 – May 27 / … / Aug 18 – Aug 26 / Aug 26 – Sep 03 / Sep 02 – Sep 10 / Sep 16 – Sep 24 / Sep 23 – Oct 01 / / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
- Melbourne – Example Dates: (Priceline / BookingBuddy) Feb 24 – Mar 03 / Mar 03 – Mar 10 / Skip April / May 04 – May 11 / May 11 – May 18 / May 18 – May 25 / May 21 – May 28 / May 26 – Jun 02 / Jun 02 – Jun 09 / Jun 09 – Jun 16 / Blackout: July / Aug 02 – Aug 09 / Aug 10 – Aug 17 / Aug 17 – Aug 24 / Aug 24 – Aug 31 / Aug 31 – Sep 07 / Sep 06 – Sep 13 / Sep 13 – Sep 20 / Sep 20 – Sep 27 / Sep 28 – Oct 05 / Oct 23 – Oct 30 / Oct 30 – Nov 06 / Nov 02 – Nov 09 / Nov 10 – Nov 17 / Nov 27 – Dec 04 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our page to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Tips: Vacation rentals on Vrbo are usually cheaper per night for longer stays than shorter stays. This is due to three main factors; The first is that most properties have a cleaning fee that is a fixed rate, the second is that many hosts provide discounts for stays longer than 6-days, the third is that the Vrbo service fee percentage is higher on short stays.
- Tips: You can (and should) sort the Vrbo vacation rental search results by “Total” price. Doing so exposes properties with high fees. For example, a $140 per-night property with $100 fees will rank as being more expensive than a $150 per-night property with $30 fees, when sorted. Sorting by “most reviews” is also a good option, as this will show you the most popular properties.
- Tips: Rent a car for cheaper by using Priceline’s “Express Deals”. The rental car company will be hidden until after you purchase, but this allows those companies to undercut the published rate indirectly. You can remove low quality companies from those hidden results. The trick is to use the quality filter on their website to remove any rental car company with a review rating under 7.0 and then pick the deals that survive the filter.
- Tips: Use Tripadvisor to create a Hotel “short list”. First, plug in your dates and destination. Then select “Sort by Traveler Ranked”. Finally, select the “Traveler Ranking” filter to show “only 4* and up”. Use this resulting “short list” of hotels to find the cheapest one with a high ranking.
- Tips: Hotel rates for Weekend dates are usually higher than the rates for Sunday through Thursday. Tripadvisor has a color-coded date calendar, red when the average hotel price for that day is more expensive, green for less expensive. You can use this to get an overview of what dates in the month are at a discount.
- Tips: Different booking websites will often have differing routes, prices, and availability. Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on BookingBuddy, Skyscanner, and Kayak to see if any other site or airline is offering a better deal.
- Join our instant notification Telegram Channels: (Dallas / Houston / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago & Milwaukee / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Follow us on Instagram (Dallas / Houston / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Say Hello on Twitter (Dallas / Houston / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Like us on Facebook (Dallas / Houston / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
I was able to pull this fare up on Priceline. Screenshot taken when this post was initially created. See timestamps at the top of this post.
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 24-hours you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $1150
- Book this fare on: Priceline, BookingBuddy, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, CheapTickets, Hotwire.
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)