[06/22/2016 @ 6:46 PM] Book this deal on: Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Hotwire, Priceline, BookingBuddy.
[06/23/2016 @ 2:58 PM] Price is now $927. Was $805.
[06/23/2016 @ 6:03 PM] $805 Fares are back.
[06/25/2016 @ 1:35 PM] Fare gone. Removing from deal list.
The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
American Airlines and Qantas have round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to Sydney (SYD) starting at $805, with a connection. Flights from late-July to October. 10-day minimum stay required. Australian ETA Required. [Documentation Details]. October is the most expensive month.
Note: Be mindful of the date change during your flight.
- Example Dates: Sydney (Travelocity / Expedia) Aug 02 – Aug 16 / Jul 27 – Aug 10 / Aug 10 – Aug 24 / Aug 17 – Aug 31 / Aug 29 – Sep 12 / Sep 06 – Sep 20 / Sep 21 – Oct 05 / Sep 28 – Oct 12 / Oct 12 – Oct 26 / Other dates: Just make sure there is 10 days between the departure and return flight.
- Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on BookingBuddy to see if any other site is offering a better deal. Flight prices, dates, and routing may vary between the various booking sites.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to pull this up on Travelocity. Screenshot taken at 6:59 PM on 06/22/16.
If you plan on booking a hotel, use our travel coupon codes to save up to 15% to 20% off. Alternatively, you may be able to save the most money by booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package on Priceline, Orbitz, or Travelocity.
If you want to see other deals that are still bookable you should check out the “Bookable Deals” page on our site. It filters out deals that have expired, or have low availability.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 24-hours, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Travelocity, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancellation within 24-hours” next to the booking button.
Most airlines also offer 24-hour free cancellation with varying policies. For example American Airlines allows you to “Hold” a ticket before payment for 24-hours but once you pay for it you can’t cancel without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
- Documentation: Passport Required. Australian ETA Required. [Documentation Details].
- Full Route: DFW-LAX-SYD-LAX-DFW
- Previous Lowest Price Average: Sydney $1209
- Book this fare on: Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)