[11/15/2017 @ 9:06 PM] Book this fare on: Priceline, BookingBuddy, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, CheapTickets, Hotwire.
[11/16/2017 @ 10:59 AM] Hartford price decreased to $120. Was $140.
[11/17/2017 @ 2:18 PM] Hartford price increase to $170, but the fare has been upgraded to “Regular Economy” from “Basic”. Santa Barbara fare gone.
[11/18/2017 @ 6:11 PM] Fare gone. Removing from deal list.
The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamp). Deals are usually valid 24 to 72 hours after posting, but can expire at any time. This website contains cookies for personalized ads and links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link. By continuing to use this website, you consent to the use of ads, affiliate links, and cookies.
United has “Basic Economy” round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to Santa Barbara (SBN) or Hartford, Connecticut (BDL) starting at $120 with a connection. $60-$77 each-way. Flights from December 2017 to October 2018. Weekends available.
Note: Hartford flight availability becomes only TUE/WED/SAT after February. Also No June or July for Hartford. Before then, it’s available on most days of the week.
Note: “Basic economy” fares do not include a free carry-on bag. Only a personal item (like a small-backpack) is free. Checked bags cost +$25. No seat selection they will be randomly assigned prior to boarding. If you have the United MileagePlus credit-card, use the “free checked bag” perk.
- Santa Barbara – Example Dates: (Priceline / BookingBuddy) Dec 01 – Dec 03 / Dec 09 – Dec 11 / Dec 15 – Dec 17 / Dec 18 – Dec 25 / Blackout: Dec 19 – Jan 02 / Jan 03 – Jan 10 / Jan 05 – Jan 09 / Jan 12 – Jan 19 / etc… / Mar 01 – Mar 08 / Mar 06 – Mar 13 / Mar 13 – Mar 20 / Mar 21 – Mar 28 / Mar 28 – Apr 04 / etc… / Oct 02 – Oct 09 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own. Use the Flexible Date Calendar on United’s website.
- Hartford – Example Dates: (Priceline / BookingBuddy) Nov 30 – Dec 07 / Dec 01 – Dec 03 / Dec 08 – Dec 10 / Dec 15 – Dec 17 / Blackout: Dec 19 – Jan 02 / Jan 04 – Jan 09 / Jan 19 – Jan 21 / Jan 26 – Jan 28 / Feb 02 – Feb 04 / Feb 09 – Feb 11 / Feb 17 – Feb 20 / etc… (TUE/WED/SAT only from here on) / Mar 03 – Mar 06 / Mar 07 – Mar 14 / Mar 14 – Mar 21 / Mar 20 – Mar 27 / Mar 28 – Apr 01 01 / Apr 11 – Apr 18 / Apr 17 – Apr 24 / etc… / May 30 – Jun 06 / NO June / NO July / etc… / Sep 19 – Sep 26 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own. Use the Flexible Date Calendar on United’s website.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our page to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Tips: Vacation rentals on Vrbo are usually cheaper per night for longer stays than shorter stays. This is due to three main factors; The first is that most properties have a cleaning fee that is a fixed rate, the second is that many hosts provide discounts for stays longer than 6-days, the third is that the Vrbo service fee percentage is higher on short stays.
- Tips: You can (and should) sort the Vrbo vacation rental search results by “Total” price. Doing so exposes properties with high fees. For example, a $140 per-night property with $100 fees will rank as being more expensive than a $150 per-night property with $30 fees, when sorted. Sorting by “most reviews” is also a good option, as this will show you the most popular properties.
- Tips: Rent a car for cheaper by using Priceline’s “Express Deals”. The rental car company will be hidden until after you purchase, but this allows those companies to undercut the published rate indirectly. You can remove low quality companies from those hidden results. The trick is to use the quality filter on their website to remove any rental car company with a review rating under 7.0 and then pick the deals that survive the filter.
- Tips: Use Tripadvisor to create a Hotel “short list”. First, plug in your dates and destination. Then select “Sort by Traveler Ranked”. Finally, select the “Traveler Ranking” filter to show “only 4* and up”. Use this resulting “short list” of hotels to find the cheapest one with a high ranking.
- Tips: Hotel rates for Weekend dates are usually higher than the rates for Sunday through Thursday. Tripadvisor has a color-coded date calendar, red when the average hotel price for that day is more expensive, green for less expensive. You can use this to get an overview of what dates in the month are at a discount.
- Tips: Different booking websites will often have differing routes, prices, and availability. Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on BookingBuddy, Skyscanner, and Kayak to see if any other site or airline is offering a better deal.
- Join our instant notification Telegram Channels: (Dallas / Houston / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago & Milwaukee / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Follow us on Instagram (Dallas / Houston / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Say Hello on Twitter (Dallas / Houston / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Like us on Facebook (Dallas / Houston / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 24-hours you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
- Full Route: DFW-LAX-SBA-SFO-DFW
- Previous Lowest Price Average: SBA = $359/ BDL = $302
- Book this fare on: Priceline, BookingBuddy, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, CheapTickets, Hotwire.
- Link to CheapTickets.com coupon code page – Check this page on Cheaptickets.com to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Travelocity coupon code page – Check this page on Travelocity to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
- Link to Orbitz coupon code page – Check this page on Orbitz to save about 10% to 20% on your next Hotel or Package booking.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)