The prices and details in this post are accurate only up to the point of the last update to this post (see time-stamps above). If this post is several days old, then there is a good chance that prices and availability have changed. This website contains references to airfare and accommodation from companies that may compensate this site for the referral to their website when you click on their link or purchase travel.
Southwest, AA, and Virgin America are offering round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW / DAL) to New York (LGA) for $80, NONSTOP. Cheapest flights on TUE/WED/SAT January to March. Holiday Blackouts apply. Fare is reversible. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
You may also mix and match carriers by buying two separate one-ways. Doing it this way may open up better departure and return dates for you.
Update: Virgin America has a few midweek flights available. Virgin and Southwest fly out of Love Field (DAL).
If you’re flying on Southwest Airlines, be sure to use the Southwest Vacations Coupon Code to save up to an extra $200 off when you book a Flight + Hotel package.
Note: This sale often gets matched by the other major airlines, sometimes for a cheaper price. You may want to check your dates on BookingBuddy to see if any of the other airlines have better prices and available dates. At the moment, three major carriers are offering this.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
To save the most money, be sure to make use of the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than booking each separately. If you’re flying on Southwest, be sure to compare the package prices on Southwest Vacations. For most other airlines, the packages deals on sites like Priceline and Travelocity tend to be cheaper than what the airlines will usually offer. Compare the costs on several sites before committing.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
Most airlines also offer 24-hour free cancellation with varying policies. For example American Airlines allows you to “Hold” a ticket before payment for 24-hours but once you pay for it you can’t cancel without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
To find this fare on Southwest Airlines you need to be using the Flexible Dates Calendar. If you’re randomly plugging in dates you’re going to have a hard time finding discount fares.
- Availability: See calendar.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW – LGA
- Example Dates: American Airlines (Priceline / Orbitz / BookingBuddy) Feb 10 – Feb 17 / Feb 24 – Mar 02 / Other dates: Try the +/- 3-day search tool on Orbitz.
- Example Dates: Southwest (Southwest) Feb 09 – Feb 16 / Other dates: Use the Fare Calendar on Southwest.
- Example Dates: Virgin (Virgin America) Feb 16 – Feb 23 / Other dates: Use the Fare Calendar on Virgin America.
- Carrier: American Airlines / Southwest / Virgin
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class:
- Mile Accrual: 100%
- Stopover component: none
- CPM: 2.92 (2778 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-LGA-DFW
- Previous Low Price: $111 earlier this month.
- Open this itinerary on: Virgin America, Priceline, Travelocity, CheapTickets, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Southwest Airlines, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Agoda
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)