[01/04/2016 @ 2:14 PM] Open this itinerary here: Virgin America, Travelocity, BookingBuddy, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets.
[01/08/2016 @ 12:04 AM] Fare gone. Removing from deal list.
The prices and details in this post are accurate only up to the point of the last update to this post (see time-stamps above). If this post is several days old, then there is a good chance that prices and availability have changed.
Virgin and Hawaiian Airlines have round-trip flights from Dallas (DAL) to Honolulu (HNL), Maui (OGG) and Kauai (LIH) starting at $478 with one or two connections. Dates available are very limited. Flights in January and February. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
Note: It’s possible to book flights to Maui (OGG) directly on Virgin America‘s website with just one connection in SFO and good connection times. For other destinations, use Travelocity.
You may want to hit “REFRESH” on your browser one time, as this post has been updated several times since I originally posted it. Doing so should display the latest copy.
This fare wasn’t pricing on many booking sites, so you may want to check your dates on BookingBuddy to see if any of the other booking sites have better prices and available dates before finalizing your purchase.
Those of you familiar with this blog know the drill. Hawaii flash sales usually don’t last very long, so make use of the 24-hour free cancellation period to “Hold” your ticket before it sells out.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a flight + hotel package will probably save you more money than booking each separately. Package deals on Travelocity and Priceline tend to be better than what are offered directly by the airline, so be sure to compare them before booking.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
Most airlines also offer 24-hour free cancellation with varying policies. For example American Airlines allows you to “Hold” a ticket before payment for 24-hours but once you pay for it you can’t cancel without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to pull up this deal on Travelocity, it was NOT available on most of the other booking sites, including directly with the airline. Here’s a screen-shot taken at 2:43 PM on 1/04/16. Prices and availability can and will change eventually.
- Availability: See List of Example dates.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW – HNL / OGG / LIH
- Example Dates: Honolulu – HNL (Travelocity / BookingBuddy) Jan 19, 20 – Jan 16, 27 / Jan 26, 27 – Feb 01, 02, 08 / Feb 02 – Feb 08 / Feb 09 – Feb 19, 22 / Feb 23 – Feb 29 / Feb 23 – Mar 01, 02 / Other dates: Try Google Flights to search, but please use the links on our site when you decide to book so we get credit for the referral.
- Example Dates: Kauai – LIH (Travelocity / BookingBuddy) Jan 19, 20 – Jan 26, 27 / Feb 02 – Feb 08 / Feb 23 – Feb 29 / Feb 23 – Mar 01, 02 / Other dates: Try Google Flights to search, but please use the links on our site when you decide to book so we get credit for the referral.
- Example Dates: Kahului – OGG (Virgin America) Jan 19, 20 – Jan 26, 27 / Jan 26, 27 – Feb 02, 08 / Feb 02, 03 – Feb 08 / Feb 23 – Feb 29 / Feb 23 – Mar 01, 02 / Other dates: Try Google Flights to search, but please use the links on our site when you decide to book so we get credit for the referral.
- Carrier: Hawaiian / Virgin America
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class:
- Mile Accrual:
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 4.82 (8195 miles)
- Full Route: DAL-LAX-HNL-LAX-DAL
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $599
- Open this itinerary on: Virgin America, Travelocity, BookingBuddy, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Be First to Comment