[02/25/2016 @ 7:27 PM] Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
[02/25/2016 @ 10:23 PM] Flights to Bogota with good connection times have been removed. Now they have 5+ hour layovers. We’ve removed Bogota from this post.
[03/01/2016 @ 1:45 PM] Removing from deal list. Fare not available.
The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
Avianca has round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) or Houston (IAH) to Panama (PTY)
or Bogota (BOG) for $290, with one or two connections. Flights March to June. No Spring Break.
Note: Avianca is a Star Alliance Member. “U” fares have 25% mileage accrual and either 25% or 50% PQM when you credit to United.
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Orbitz) Apr 05 – Apr 12 / Other dates: Use the +/- 3-day search tool on CheapTickets.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
If you plan on booking a hotel, use our travel coupon codes to save up to 15% to 20% off. Alternatively, you may be able to save the most money by booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package on Priceline, Orbitz, or Travelocity.
Before you finalize your purchase, you should check your dates on BookingBuddy to see if any other airlines or booking sites are offering a better deal or have better dates available.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
If you want to see other deals that are still bookable you should check out the “Bookable Deals” page on our site. It filters out deals that have expired, or have low availability.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
Most airlines also offer 24-hour free cancellation with varying policies. For example American Airlines allows you to “Hold” a ticket before payment for 24-hours but once you pay for it you can’t cancel without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
- Availability: See Calendar. Best departure dates marked green.
- Documentation: Passport Required.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW or IAH to PTY or BOG
- Carrier: Avianca
- Fare Basis Code:
- Fare Class: U
- Mile Accrual: Credit to United for 25% mileage accrual. 25%/50% PQM.
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 6.73 (4306 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-SAL-PTY-SAL-DFW
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $471 – $481
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Southwest Vacations, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Escape ATX] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).