[08/21/2015 @ 8:18 PM] Open this itinerary here: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
[08/21/2015 @ 8:18 PM] Deal back.
[08/25/2015 @ 1:36 PM] Old post. Fare gone. Expired.
[09/17/2015 @ 7:14 PM] Deal is back. Only Honolulu.
[09/19/2015 @ 2:15 AM] Deal is gone (again).
The prices and details in this post are accurate only up to the point of the last update to this post (see time-stamps above). If this post is several days old, then there is a good chance that prices and availability have changed.
United is offering round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to Honolulu, Hawaii (HNL) for $488, with a connection.
Kauai (LIH), Kahului (OGG), and Kailua-Kona (KOA) are available for $528. Flights from August to June 2016. Fare is reversible. Holiday Blackouts apply. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
Those of you familiar with this blog know the drill. Hawaii flash sales usually don’t last very long, so make use of the 24-hour free cancellation period to “Hold” your ticket before it sells out.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a flight + hotel package will probably save you more money than booking each separately. Package deals on Travelocity and Priceline tend to be better than what are offered directly by the airline, so be sure to compare them before booking.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation before 10 PM CST the day after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy allows you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. After the grace period, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United, Delta, JetBlue and Virgin America offer free cancellation within the next 24-hours while American allows you to “Hold” a ticket for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
The DOT doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs will allow it while some will not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to pull up this deal on Priceline and Orbitz, and it should be available on all the major booking sites. Here’s a screen-shot taken at 7:19 PM on 9/17/15. Prices and availability can and will change eventually.
- Availability: See Calendar.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW – HNL
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Orbitz) Oct 08 – Oct 15 / Other dates: Try the +/- 3-day search tool on Orbitz.
- Carrier: United
- Fare Basis Code: KDA00AQS
- Fare Class: K
- Mile Accrual: United is revenue based.
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 4.82 (8195 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-SFO-HNL-LAX-DFW
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $610
- Recent Lowest Price: $395 on 08/05/15.
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Agoda
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)