[06/18/2019 @ 01:43 PM CT] Book this fare on: SkyScanner.
Deals are usually valid 24 to 72 hours after posting, but can expire at any time (see time-stamp).
Spirit has round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to Cleveland (CLE) for $129, NONSTOP. Flights June to November. Weekends available. Origin/Destination reversible.
Note: Spirit fares do not include a free carry-on bag. Only a small personal item, like a Jansport City Scout backpack is free. You can avoid paying for seat selection if you accept the randomly assigned seat prior to boarding.
Note: Spirit seats only have 28-inches of pitch; 2-to-3 inches less space than most other airlines.
I’m currently using the Jansport Right Pack as my “personal item” when I fly Spirit. Which is slightly more than expensive than the Jansport City Scout because its fabric is Cordura instead of Polyester. Both have the same dimensions which are: 18″ x 13″ x 8.5″. There is half-an-inch of extra depth than what is officially allowed by Spirit, but it has never been a problem for me. The bag has a large main compartment, which makes it ideal for stuffing as much as you can into the limited amount of space.
- Weekend Example Dates: (SkyScanner) Sep 06 – Sep 08 / Sep 13 – Sep 15 / Sep 13 – Sep 16 / Sep 27 – Sep 29 / Sep 27 – Sep 30 / Oct 04 – Oct 06 / Oct 04 – Oct 07 / Oct 18 – Oct 21 / Oct 25 – Oct 27 / Oct 25 – Oct 28 / Nov 01 – Nov 03 / Nov 01 – Nov 04 / Nov 08 – Nov 10 / Nov 08 – Nov 11 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
- Extended Weekend Example Dates: (SkyScanner) Jun 27 – JuL 01 / Jun 27 – JuL 02 / Aug 22 – Aug 27 / Aug 23 – Aug 27 / Aug 23 – Aug 28 / Aug 24 – Aug 27 / Sep 05 – Sep 08 / Sep 12 – Sep 15 / Sep 12 – Sep 16 / Sep 14 – Sep 16 / Sep 19 – Sep 22 / Sep 19 – Sep 23 / Sep 21 – Sep 23 / Sep 26 – Sep 29 / Sep 26 – Sep 30 / Sep 28 – Sep 30 / Oct 03 – Oct 06 / Oct 03 – Oct 07 / Oct 05 – Oct 07 / Oct 17 – Oct 21 / Oct 19 – Oct 21 / Oct 24 – Oct 27 / Oct 24 – Oct 28 / Oct 26 – Oct 28 / Oct 31 – Nov 03 / Oct 31 – Nov 04 / Nov 02 – Nov 04 / Nov 07 – Nov 10 / Nov 07 – Nov 11 / Nov 09 – Nov 11 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
- 1-Week Example Dates: (SkyScanner) Jun 25 – JuL 02 / JuL 09 – JuL 16 / JuL 16 – JuL 23 / JuL 23 – JuL 30 / JuL 31 – Aug 07 / Aug 06 – Aug 13 / Aug 07 – Aug 14 / Aug 13 – Aug 20 / Aug 14 – Aug 21 / Aug 20 – Aug 27 / Aug 21 – Aug 28 / Aug 28 – Sep 04 / Sep 01 – Sep 08 / Sep 05 – Sep 12 / Sep 06 – Sep 13 / Sep 07 – Sep 14 / Sep 08 – Sep 15 / Sep 09 – Sep 16 / Sep 12 – Sep 19 / Sep 14 – Sep 21 / Sep 16 – Sep 23 / Sep 19 – Sep 26 / Sep 21 – Sep 28 / Sep 23 – Sep 30 / Sep 26 – Oct 03 / Sep 27 – Oct 04 / Sep 28 – Oct 05 / Sep 29 – Oct 06 / Sep 30 – Oct 07 / Oct 17 – Oct 24 / Oct 18 – Oct 25 / Oct 19 – Oct 26 / Oct 21 – Oct 28 / Oct 24 – Oct 31 / Oct 26 – Nov 02 / Nov 02 – Nov 09 / Nov 03 – Nov 10 / Nov 04 – Nov 11 / Other dates: There are more dates available than the ones we list here, experiment on your own.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our page to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Tips: Rent a car for cheaper by using Priceline’s “Express Deals”. The rental car company will be hidden until after you purchase, but this allows those companies to undercut the published rate indirectly. You can remove low quality companies from those hidden results. The trick is to use the quality filter on their website to remove any rental car company with a review rating under 7.0 and then pick the deals that survive the filter.
- Tips: The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card allows for 1-to-1 point transfers to several airline loyalty programs. Booking with points is a good alternative to paying with cash when the price of airfare is high. Here is the current list of Chase Sapphire transfer partners: United, Southwest, jetBlue, British Airways, Iberia, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Air France, KLM, Virgin Atlantic, Aer Lingus, and Air Canada.
- Tips: Vacation rentals on Vrbo are usually cheaper per night for longer stays than shorter stays. This is due to three main factors; The first is that most properties have a cleaning fee that is a fixed rate, the second is that many hosts provide discounts for stays longer than 6-days, the third is that the Vrbo service fee percentage is higher on short stays.
- Tips: You can (and should) sort the Vrbo vacation rental search results by “Total” price. Doing so exposes properties with high fees. For example, a $140 per-night property with $100 fees will rank as being more expensive than a $150 per-night property with $30 fees, when sorted. Sorting by “most reviews” is also a good option, as this will show you the most popular properties.
- Tips: Use Tripadvisor to create a Hotel “short list”. First, plug in your dates and destination. Then select “Sort by Traveler Ranked”. Finally, select the “Traveler Ranking” filter to show “only 4* and up”. Use this resulting “short list” of hotels to find the cheapest one with a high ranking.
- Tips: Hotel rates for Weekend dates are usually higher than the rates for Sunday through Thursday. Tripadvisor has a color-coded date calendar, red when the average hotel price for that day is more expensive, green for less expensive. You can use this to get an overview of what dates in the month are at a discount.
- Tips: Different booking websites will often have differing routes, prices, and availability. Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on BookingBuddy, Skyscanner, and Kayak to see if any other site or airline is offering a better deal.
- Join our instant notification Telegram Channels: (Dallas / Houston / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago & Milwaukee / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Follow us on Instagram (Dallas / Houston / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Say Hello on Twitter (Dallas / Houston / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
- Like us on Facebook (Dallas / Houston / Austin & San Antonio / New York / Chicago / Los Angeles / Seattle / Portland / Phoenix / Denver).
I was able to pull this up on SkyScanner. Screenshot taken when this post was initially created. See timestamps at the top of this post.
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $144
- Book this fare on: Priceline, BookingBuddy, Travelocity, SkyScanner, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, CheapTickets.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)