The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
American Airlines is offering round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU) for $299 with a connection. Flights from February to April. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
Prices and available dates can vary between the various booking sites. Before you finalize your purchase, use BookingBuddy to see if any other website or airline is offering a better deal.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a flight + hotel package will probably save you more money than booking each separately. Package deals on Travelocity and Priceline tend to be better than what are offered directly by the airline, so be sure to compare them before booking.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
Most airlines also offer 24-hour free cancellation with varying policies. For example American Airlines allows you to “Hold” a ticket before payment for 24-hours but once you pay for it you can’t cancel without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to pull up this deal on Priceline and Orbitz, and it should be available on all the major booking sites. Here’s a screen-shot taken at 10:40 AM on 02/04/16. Prices and availability can and will change, given enough time.
- Availability: See Calendar.
- Documentation: Passport Required.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW-SJU
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Orbitz) Mar 08 – Mar 15 / Apr 13 – Apr 20 / Feb 18 – Feb 25 / Other dates: The the +/- 3-day search tool on Orbitz.
- Carrier: American
- Fare Basis: ONE7B0U1
- Fare Class: O
- Mile Accrual: 100%
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 6.16 (4820 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-CLT-SJU-CLT-DFW
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $359
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
- WikiTravel: San Juan, Puerto Rico
- WeatherSpark: San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Wikipedia: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)