The prices and details in this post were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability of this deal can and will change, given enough time. This website contains references to airfare and accommodation from companies that compensate this site when you click on their link or purchase travel from their sites.
American Airlines has round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) for $329, NONSTOP. Flights mid-September to November. No Holidays.
Note: If you want a short extended weekend, this fare has some Friday departures with Sunday or Monday returns available (see example dates below).
We feel this is an excellent price for Nonstop flights that allow short weekend getaways. We often see them priced much higher than this, usually in the $600 to $1000 range.
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Travelocity) Sep 22 – Sep 26 / Sep 30 – Oct 03 / Oct 06 – Oct 09, 10 / Oct 14 – Oct 17 / Oct 18 – Oct 21 / Oct 28 – Oct 31 / Nov 04 – Nov 06, 07 / Nov 11 – Nov 14 / Nov 15 – Nov 23 / Other dates: Use the calendar snapshots below.
- Before you finalize your purchase, you may want to check your dates on BookingBuddy to see if any of the other airlines are offering a better deal.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
Fare availability screenshots were taken at 8:23 PM on 8/26/16.
If you plan on booking a hotel, use our travel coupon codes to save up to 15% to 20% off. Alternatively, you may be able to save the most money by booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package on Priceline, Orbitz, or Travelocity.
If you want to see other deals that are still bookable you should check out the “Bookable Deals” page on our site. It filters out deals that have expired, or have low availability.
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 24-hours, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Travelocity, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancellation within 24-hours” next to the booking button.
Most airlines also offer 24-hour free cancellation with varying policies. For example American Airlines allows you to “Hold” a ticket before payment for 24-hours but once you pay for it you can’t cancel without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
- Documentation: Passport Required.
- Full Route: DFW-SJO-DFW
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $456
- Book this fare on: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Hotwire, Expedia, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)