[07/24/2015 @ 11:08 PM] Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Travelocity, CheapTickets, Orbitz, Expedia, BookingBuddy.
[07/24/2015 @ 3:47 PM] Price has decreased from $177 to $166 for late August flights.
[08/05/2015 @ 1:08 PM] Old post. Removing from deal list.
American Airlines has round-trip flight from Dallas (DFW) to San Francisco (SFO) starting at $166, with a connection. Cheapest flights are TUE/WED late August to November. No Holidays. Fare is reversible. Nonstops available for $195 on United or American. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
To save the most money, be sure to make use of the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. You should compare the package costs on several different booking sites to make sure you’re getting the least expensive one.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation before 10 PM CST the day after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy allows you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. After the grace period, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United, Delta, JetBlue and Virgin America offer free cancellation within the next 24-hours while American allows you to “Hold” a ticket for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
Note that the DOT doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs allow it while some do not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to pull up this fare on Priceline and Travelocity, and it should be available on all of the major booking sites for now. Here’s an example screenshot from Priceline, other dates are available below.
- Availability: See Calendar. Flights TUE/WED.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFL- SFO
- Example Dates: (Priceline / Orbitz) Sep 02 – Sep 09 / Sep 22 – Sep 29 / Aug 26 – Sep 02, 03 / Oct 07 – Oct 14 / Aug 19 – Aug 26
- Carrier: American
- Fare Basis Code: OA14KSL1
- Fare Class: O
- Mile Accrual: 100%
- Stopover component: none
- CPM: 5.83 (3038 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-PHX-SFO-PHX-DFW
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $226
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Travelocity, CheapTickets, Orbitz, Expedia, BookingBuddy.
- Lonely Planet Travel Guides
- Wikipedia: San Francisco
- WikiTravel: San Francisco
- WeatherSpark: San Francisco
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)