[07/29/2015 @ 2:14 PM] Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Travelocity, CheapTickets, Orbitz, Expedia, BookingBuddy.
[07/29/2015 @ 6:58 PM] September dates for $80 are gone. Still available for October and November.
[07/29/2015 @ 10:55 PM] Southwest is matching.
[07/30/2015 @ 11:27 AM] September fares are back. Airlines can and will remove fares and change prices. If this bothers you, then you should quit using this page as a resource.
[07/31/2015 @ 12:22 AM] Not a lot of availability on Southwest. If you want SWA, use their Flexible Dates tool on their site and select November.
[08/05/2015 @ 1:14 PM] Most Saturday availability for $40 is gone. Cheapest flights on TUE/WED.
[08/06/2015 @ 3:02 PM] Almost no availability for $80 flights now. Next best is $119.
[08/12/2015 @ 12:31 PM] Some Saturday departures have popped back up. More $40 tickets on TUE/WED now.
[08/27/2015 @ 3:29 PM] Only one pair of dates at a discount. Lack of availability, removing from deal list.
Flight prices and availability can and will change. Airlines are fickle. This deal was valid at the time of the last update.
American Airlines is offering round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to New York (LGA) for $80-$119, NONSTOP. Cheapest flights on TUE/WED/SAT September to November. Holiday Blackouts apply. Fare is reversible. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
You can do short weekend trips with this fare; depart Friday, return Tuesday for about $130.
To save the most money, be sure to make use of the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. You should compare the package costs on several different booking sites to make sure you’re getting the least expensive one.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation before 10 PM CST the day after purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy allows you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. After the grace period, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty.
United, Delta, JetBlue and Virgin America offer free cancellation within the next 24-hours while American allows you to “Hold” a ticket for 24-hours. Keep in mind that once you pay for a ticket on AA.com you can’t cancel it without a change fee or penalty, even if was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
Note that the DOT doesn’t enforce 24-hour free cancellation on tickets less than 7-days away from departure, so some airlines and OTAs allow it while some do not. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
- Availability: See calendar. 21-day adv purchase.
- Documentation: Domestic Flight.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW – LGA
- Example Dates: (Priceline) Sep 16 – Sep 23 / Sep 08 – Sep 16 / Nov 04 – Nov 11, 14, 17, 18 / Sep 22 – Sep 29 / Sep 12 – Sep 15 / Oct 17 – Oct 20 / Nov 14 – Nov 17
- Carrier: American
- Fare Basis Code: OA21UNL3
- Fare Class: O
- Mile Accrual: 100% on American.
- Stopover component: none
- CPM: 2.92 (2778 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-LGA-DFW
- Previous Low Price: $111 earlier this month.
- Open this itinerary on: Priceline, Travelocity, CheapTickets, Orbitz, Expedia, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Skyscanner, Kayak
- Vacation rentals: Vrbo
- Airlines: Iberia, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com, Booking.com, Agoda
- Car rental: Priceline, Rentalcars.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)