[02/02/2016 @ 9:35 PM] Open this itinerary on: Orbitz, CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, BookingBuddy.
[02/03/2016 @ 1:51 AM] Delta has increased the price of this fare by +$90. It was $444 (HNL). Now $534. Removing from deal list. If it drops back down to $444 another notification will be sent out.
[02/09/2016 @ 3:58 PM] Delta has added Kailua-Kona (KOA), Kauai, HI (LIH), Kahului, HI (OGG) to this sale for $528. Re-adding to deal list, because some of those airports regularly price over $650.
[02/11/2016 @ 12:11 PM] Fare gone. Removing from deal list.
The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
Delta has round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to Hawaii (HNL, KOA, LIH OGG) for $528 with a connection. Flights in February to May. Fare is reversible. See the Flight Details section of this post for example booking dates.
Midweek flights are easier to find than weekend flights.
There have been a lot of Hawaii deals lately, more than usual. Probably due to more competition from Virgin and Hawaiian Airlines.
This deal is often matched by other airlines, sometimes for a better price or with better dates. Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on Priceline, Orbitz, and Travelocity to see if any other site is offering a better deal.
If you want to see other deals that are still bookable you should check out the “Bookable Deals” page on our site. It filters out deals that have expired, or have low availability.
Orbitz and CheapTickets have a search tool that looks for flights 3-days before and after the dates you’ve selected, you should use it if you have a general idea of when you want to travel, but want to see other prices for other dates close to the ones you’ve selected.
To save the most money, be sure to apply the travel coupon codes available at the bottom of this post. Booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package will probably save you more money than if you were to book separately. Vacation Packages on Priceline and Orbitz are usually better than what the airline offers on their site, so be sure to compare package options before finalizing your purchase.
Note: OTAs such as Orbitz and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty before 10 PM central time the day after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 10 PM the next day, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Orbitz, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancel” next to the price of the ticket.
Most airlines also offer 24-hour free cancellation with varying policies. For example American Airlines allows you to “Hold” a ticket before payment for 24-hours but once you pay for it you can’t cancel without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our page to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to pull this fare up on Orbitz, and it should be available on most of the other booking sites, except Priceline. Screenshot taken at 9:43 PM on 2/2/16.
- Availability: See Calendar.
- Documentation: Domestic Airfare.
- Departure and Destination Airports: DFW – HNL
- Example Dates: (Orbitz / CheapTickets) Apr 13 – Apr 20 / Other dates: Use the +/- 3-day search tool on CheapTickets.
- Carrier: Delta
- Fare Basis Code: VE7QX0MQ
- Fare Class: V
- Mile Accrual: Delta is revenue based.
- Stopover component: none.
- CPM: 5.86 (7582 miles)
- Full Route: DFW-LAX-HNL-LAX-DFW
- Lowest Price Average: $598
- Open this itinerary on: Orbitz , CheapTickets, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
Flights departing from a different city (our other websites):
- Flights from New York
- Flights from Chicago or Milwaukee
- Flights from Los Angeles (LAX, ONT, BUR, LGB, SNA)
- Flights from Seattle
- Flights from Portland, Oregon (PDX)
- Flights from Phoenix
- Flights from Denver
- Flights from Austin or San Antonio [Escape ATX]
- Flights from Houston [Escape Houston]
Other Useful Links:
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)