[07/18/2016 @ 11:19 AM] Book this fare on: Expedia, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
[07/19/2016 @ 1:25 PM] Price increased to $691, was $642.
[07/28/2016 @ 12:08 PM] Fare gone. Removing from deal list.
The details on this page were accurate when this post was last updated (see time-stamps above). Prices and availability can and will change, given enough time. This page contains links to companies that may compensate this site when you click on their link and purchase travel from their website.
American Airlines has round-trip flights from Dallas (DFW) to Athens (ATH) for $691, with a connection. Flights midweek from September to October.
Note: Other destinations in Europe are also on sale: [Flights: Dallas / Austin / San Antonio to Europe $529-$707 r/t – AA / DL + Partners].
- Example Dates: (Expedia / Orbitz) Sep 20 – Sep 27 / Sep 27 – Oct 04 / Oct 11 – Oct 18 / Oct 18 – Oct 25 / Other dates: Best days are Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Before you finalize your purchase, do a quick check on BookingBuddy to see if any other site is offering a better deal. Flight prices, dates, and routing may vary between the various booking sites.
When you are ready to book your flight or hotel, please use the links on our site to begin your booking process so we receive credit for the referral.
I was able to price this fare on Expedia. Other booking sites were more expensive. Screenshot taken at 11:28 AM on 07/18/16.
If you plan on booking a hotel, use our travel coupon codes to save up to 15% to 20% off. Alternatively, you may be able to save the most money by booking your trip as a Flight + Hotel package on Priceline, Orbitz, or Travelocity.
If you want to see other deals that are still bookable you should check out the “Bookable Deals” page on our site. It filters out deals that have expired, or have low availability.
Note: OTAs such as Travelocity and Priceline allow free cancellation without penalty within 24-hours after you purchase. As deals sell-out or expire quickly, this policy will allow you to “lock-in” the cheap fare while you sort out a plan. Just keep in mind that after 24-hours, you will not be able to cancel without the regular penalty. On Travelocity, you can easily see if your ticket allows a free cancellation, just look for “FREE Cancellation within 24-hours” next to the booking button.
Most airlines also offer 24-hour free cancellation with varying policies. For example American Airlines allows you to “Hold” a ticket before payment for 24-hours but once you pay for it you can’t cancel without a change fee or penalty, even if it was purchased less than 24-hours ago.
- Documentation: Passport Required.
- Full Route: DFW-PHL-ATH-PHL-DFW
- Previous Lowest Price Average: $1013
- Book this fare on: Expedia, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookingBuddy.
Our Affiliate Links:
This site receives referral credit when you use links on our page to open our affiliate’s page. By using our affiliate links when you begin your airfare or hotel search, you are supporting this site. Thanks.
- Airfare + Hotel: Priceline, Travelocity, Bookingbuddy, Orbitz, CheapTickets.com, Southwest Vacations, Expedia, Hotwire
- Airlines: Iberia, AirFrance, Hawaiian Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss, Qatar Airways, Emirates, KLM
- Hotel Search: TripAdvisor, Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com
- Ground Transportation: Rail Europe
- Travel Guides and Accessories: Lonely Planet
Other Useful Links:
- [Bookable Deals] – list all the other great travel deals that are still alive and bookable.
- [Budget Travel] – list all the posts that deal with Budget Travel (filter out all the flight deal posts)
Links to our sister publications:
- [Escape Houston] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Houston (IAH / HOU).
- [Escape ATX] – Airfare and travel deals leaving from Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).
- [Escape Flights] – Airfare and travel deals departing from New York (EWR/JFK/LGA), Los Angeles (LAX/SNA/BUR/LGB/ONT), Chicago (ORD/MDW), Milwaukee (MKE), Seattle (SEA), and Portland (PDX).